Pete Arnold

"You win some, You loose some and You wreck some!

-Dale Earnhardt-

On 9/4/2010 1:02 PM, Brian Toscano wrote:
Should have synthetic oil since new (required).  Inspect cam for wear (they do
wear out in some cases) and what's the condition of the turbo?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Peter T. Arnold"<pm7...@comcast.net>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 05:51:15
To: Mercedes Discussion List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] O/T  Jetta TDI

   I'm looking very hard on a '01 Jetta TDI w/175kmi on Fleabay.  It
about 40 miles away, I'm going to look today.

Orginal Owner, claims it's 100%, 20Kmi on timimg belt, cold A/C, nice
options, stick shift.  Engine has a not very radical chip.

Bad thing, rust on 1 front fender.  I note that the car has 12 year rust
guarantee, is this transferable?  I am on good term with local dealer.

Other wisdom to share on these?