I myself have seen this malware, along with a stealthy exploit that will
randomly redirect google search result clicks.  As previously mentioned,
System Restore may resolve the issues.  Some of the malware will corrupt
your restore points (as happened with MY system), leaving you unable to use
them.  Here's how I got rid of the malware:

The first bit of malware mentioned does a lot of nasty things, including
antivirus popups, disallowing execution of certain important applications,
and blocking sites where anti-malware software can be downloaded.  The
second bit of malware (TDSS rootkit) doesn't really let you know that it's
there, other than redirecting your google searches behind the scenes.  The
main symptom is that when you click on a google search result, you will be
sent to an advertising page that may or may not be related to your original
search.  To rid yourself of these, do the following:

Note - I still run XP, so these instructions are for XP.  They should also
work on newer versions of Windows, but specific instructions related to
navigating in Windows may vary. You will need access to a non-infected
computer.

1. From a *non-infected* system, download the free version of Malwarebytes'
anti-malware, AND the mbam-rules.exe file which contains the latest
anti-malware rules for the software.  The link is:
http://www.gt500.org/malwarebytes/

2. From the same *non-infected* system, download the file TDSSKiller.zip

3. Copy these three files to a USB thumb drive

4. Boot your *infected* computer into Safe Mode without networking (also
disable your wifi via the hardware switch if possible, and unplug any
Ethernet cables)

5. Copy the three files to the *infected *computer.

6. Execute / unpack the three files onto the *infected *computer.

7. Run the malwarebytes anti-malware application, using the full scan
option.

8. Get a cup of coffee, but continue to watch the application - you may need
to reboot during the scan.  You can leave after 20 minutes or the first
reboot, whichever comes first.  This may take some time.

9. Select the option to remove all malware detected.

10. The system will reboot.  Be sure to boot back into Safe Mode.

11. Run the TDSSKiller application.

12. After following the instructions and rebooting, your system should be
back to normal.

This is what worked for me regarding these two pieces of malware.  Again,
YMMV.

--
Brian Smyla
Contract Wind Turbine Technician