I even stuffed a paper towel under it coupla days ago hoping to find wet towel after a good drive; still no wetness.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Frederick" <psf...@earthlink.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 91 350SDL screaming for help

Because it only leaks at fairly high rpm. At idle or stopped, no leak. All the coolant dribbled out while you were driving, leaving spots on the highway, but not the drive.

I've had several water pumps do this over the years, it's hard to see what's going on if they don't leak out the upper weep hole, as the coolant drains away from the bottom one pretty fast.

Peter