I'd like to recommend listening to the audio clips at this website, and if you have time, read the eulogy to Jack Shelley. Jack was a great guy, but also a nice guy, very open and real. He helped my son with his Eagle project by providing information that was not available anywhere else. I had the great fortune to live just down the street from Jack from 95 until about 2005.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100915/NEWS/100915003/Jack-Shelley-longtime-voice-of-radio-and-TV-dies-at-98

Jack was working at WHO radio when a young guy named Ronald Reagan was hired.

Jack set the standards for radio broadcasting, and later for TV news broadcasting. Jack made the mold that other guys like Walter Crankcase followed (until Walter decided that HE made the news instead of reporting the news)

The website has audio from Holland at the end of the battle of the bulge, from the crews that dropped the bomds on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, from the deck of the USS MIssouri when the Japanese surrendered. It also has the only live recording that survived a nuclear test at Yucca Flats. Pretty interesting stuff if you have an interest in history as it really happened.

To Jack!