Question I was getting ready to install the rear muffler section on my 300D.
Please note that this is a California car. The new muffler piece has a 22"
section from the muffler body going forward with a clamp. On my car the flange
rusted through right at the rear muffler body. The pipe goes forward under the
rear axial to a short expansion chamber to a flange connect about halfway
between the front and rear wheels. The pipe than splits to a longer expansion,
note sure if this is a catalitic converter or not and then continues on the the
engine exhaust manifold. The muffler that Rusty sent me has a part number of
(124 491 84 01). Not sure if this is the right one for my car or do I have to
cut part of what is there and the connect the new muffler.

Any suggestion on what I have and if I have the right mufflrt section would be
helpful.

Thanks in advance.

R. Massmann Oregoina Ohio
1995 E300D 296K