Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:00:16 -0500
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Borescope WAS: Auto Trans Diagnosis A

A double ATTABOY for Gerry!

As long as the list youngsters are talking about cheap technology
replacing older expensive technology.  Who on the list can come up
with a USB camera (Mfgr and model number) that would be small enough
(9-10mm dia or less....5-6 mm?)  to pass through the hole in the head
where a prechamber goes  (OM61x and OM60x) to work as a borescope,
preferably with onboard light.  As an alternative, maybe a light or
fiber light trnsmitter  could be snaked in through the same hole if
the camera was small enough.  A source for a fiber light transmitter
would be good too.

On my 80 240D 4 speed project, I'd like to inspect the bores of the
supposedly good engine before  I stick it in the car.  Borescopes are
expensive and something that McParts doesnt rent.   I don't mind
pulling prechambers since I have my homemade JD70 wristpin slammer
slide hammer prechamber puller and my homemade prechamber ring wrench

Curt?  anyone else?

If anyone has a NOS 616 headgasket laying around, I can skip this
step.  But I am trying to cheap out of spending 70-80 bucks on a
headgasket just to take a look inside.