On the SDL: Rebuilt the rear subframe/mounts control arms last year. Diff mount looks ok, but I didn't change it.

Put new bushings in the idler arm recently. I think that helps but have not driven it enough yet to be sure.

Loren
87 TD
86 SDL
87 SDL
81 240D
83 380SL
66 200D
66 200D 2.4
and others....

At 08:10 PM 11/8/2005, you wrote:
Loren Faeth wrote:
> I'll give ya $500 for it!
>
> FWIW, my 86 SDL has always been more sensitive to crosswinds than my 200D
> ever was, and more so than the 123 240D.  The most stable car i ever drove
> was the 200D.  I could literally take my hands off the wheel and it would
> go straight as an arrow.  The SDL has been aligned numerous times by
> different shops.  It is something different in the geometry.

Needs new differential and subframe mounts.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi