If they come up with a federal requirement to tell the consumer exactly how much ethanol he's buying, and don't mandate that retailers sell E-anything, then it might be a good thing.

Michigan, Indiana and Ohio don't require labeling unless it's E85, so I can either call every station in town and buy E10 from the one where an idiot clerk tells me its actually E0, or I can go around with a gallon can and a graduated cylinder and test it myself.

I checked http://pure-gas.org/ and some fool listed a Meijer store 25 miles away as selling pure gas. I checked the details and he said he'd asked everywhere and only this Meijer told him it was alcohol free. Apparently he was stupid to believe that individuals stores in this chain, sort of like a regional Wal-Mart, had their own separate deals with gasoline refiners. Fortunately another pure-gas reader went there and actually tested the stuff, finding it at ~8% alcohol.

Mitch.