I am gradually getting my buddy more in touch with his car. He called me today to see if I wanted to go to lunch while he dropped the car at a Jiffylube to get an oil change. HORRORS I told him.

Questions:

1.   Is the 79 450SL amenable to the use of the $2 oil sucker?

2. What is the BEST oil for this car (I mean which flavor of Mobil 1), recognizing our warm Houston climate? I was thinking a 10W30 or 40? I don't have the manual here so not sure.

3.   Is the filter accessible on top or is it buried underneath somewhere?

Thanks!

--R