I am a total PIA when it come to correcting people who don't differentiate
lay from lie, or who use the possessive rather than nominative pronoun as
the subject of a sentence, as in "Her/him and Joe went to the movies."
Oddly, it's only done using a conjuction, e.g. never "Her/him went to the
movies".  I have also yet to hear "Them and Joe went ..." nor "Her and my
went...", although "Her/him and me went..." is quite popular.  I've noticed
this from westerners, midwesterners, southerners, and the odd
Manitoban (Randy excepted).
What really cracks me up is when my yoga instructor said, rather self
consciously, "let's all *lie* down on the mat", followed by "While you're *
laying* there breathe deeply..."

Andrew
1983 and 1985 300TDs