Had a Jeepster Commando with the Buick 225 "Dauntless" V6. That thing was a tractor......It had the torque to move anything but, typical of jeeps of the era, was geared terribly low for the road and drank gas like it was free.

Put a 215V8 in it's place and it was ALOT more fun but not any better on gas.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1992 Olds 98

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 08:28:26AM -0600, Tom Hargrave wrote:
Actually, if I'm thinking if the same one, the 3.8 was Buick. And it was a
great engine.

Yup, same engine, started life as a buick v8 missing two cylinders in the
sixties, was sold to kaiser for jeep engines, then kaiser was bought by amc,
then amc sold the engine back to GM, who made it a bit bigger, and
eventually put a turbo and fuel injection on it. Sometime in the late eighties
they got around to evening out the firing.

The one in my friend's 98 le sabre is amazingly smooth, and gets great
mileage on the highway. The car handles like it needs nav lights and a
ship-to-shore radio :)