I found something strange today when changing the oil. The tube attached to the Filter Canister Cover has a hole in the bottom and a hole near the top. The upper hole had what appeared to be a piece of plastic-like paper partly in the hole. I pulled it and believe all came out although I had to tug pretty hard. I tried to blow through the tube opening with my compressor and I got some oil seepage from the hole. I'm assuming the piece of "stuff" (I think I'll retrieve it from the trash) was stuck to the filter perhaps? and came loose then was sucked into the upper hole?

Don't know how long it's been like this ---
What is the tube for?  What do the holes do?

Can the tube be removed from the cover?

Anyone got a spare?  ;-)

Thx !

LarryT