Marshall:

The servo was a very tight fit in the cover, so we may have distorted it a bit going it. I think I checked it for proper operation before installing it, but don't remember, and I fumbled the cover putting it on so it dropped down to the floor -- not much room back there on a W115.

At any rate, it was bent enough to pull down but not spring back! Easy fix, just tweaked it a bit and it was fine.

This servo has a tripod flange on the bottom, it was only used on the MW pump in the W115, on the W123 it's held down by a clamp ring and is MUCH easier to replace.

If anyone has to do this job, it's very easy to get the servo "hooked" in right -- it just sits in front of the rack operating lever. You can pull the top cover off the governor to make sure, but it's almost impossible to install incorrectly unless you floor the acclerator while putting it on.

On the 601 you must have had it hooked on the front side of the lever instead of pin-through-hole -- at least I seem to remember a pin and a hole on that servo.

Peter