Oh Man! I remember that too well. My first 190Dc I had to find a scissor jack to carry along, and then if the tire was really flat, it was nearly impossible to get the scissor jack under the axle or LCA. Add in suddenly 0, and it makes for nothing like fun.

2 years ago when it turned cold really fast, the gassers would not even start or run until it warmed up. But the old 240D took right off.

When I was a kid, the 36 chevy truck would always start when nothing else would.

More fun today.  Neither of our other two winter vehicles (both
diesels, the Chicken Wagon and the Dodge pickup) would start today as
it was 0 degrees (F) out and they'd not been adequately prepared for
the cold which came on suddenly.  Jill ended up driving this car
around town all day.  (Not her favorite vehicle at all.)  And when she
came to pick me up at work she'd had a sudden flat as she pulled in.
I had to change the tire in our work parking lot, headache and feeling
sickly.  The jack started collapsing the underpinning of the car, this
is stuff I'd welded up (from rusty tatters) years ago.  Probably too
thin, or else it's falling apart again.  Sigh.

-- Jim