BZZZT, WRONG

Marshall Booth wrote:

David Brodbeck wrote:

To recap the story so far:

To start with, the car went down the road straight as an arrow, but vibrated at certain speeds. Also, it had been 10,000 miles, so I figured it was time to have the tires rotated. I went to Les Schwab and had the tires balanced and rotated. The car immediately started pulling hard to the right. Went back to Les Schwab. They swapped the two front tires, and the car started pulling to the left, suggesting a bad tire. (Getting it replaced under warranty isn't an option, since the chain I originally bought the tires from doesn't have a presence in Washington.)

Today, I took it back again and they replaced the left front tire. The old left front became the spare. It *still* pulls to the left.

At this point, I figure the only thing left (besides just un-rotating the tires) is to swap the spare (which used to be the left front) with the right front, on the theory that they've simply replaced the wrong tire.

Pulling in one direction or the other is SELDOM the tire!

Marshall

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,