May I suggest, that if it is 55 miles from home to work, that you either need a different work place or a different home place?

I have, over the past 22 years moved my office about 5 times. Each time, it was closer to home. Moving our home did not make sense as my wife's job is close to the house. That was one of the reasons we bought the house 29 years ago. She works at the University of Manitoba and we live essentially on the edge of the University property. There are 3 houses between ours and the edge of the endowment lands. Now I am about as close to home as she is. She says on a good day, it takes her 7 minutes from the parking lot at work to our garage. And yes, she probably could walk it and once upon a time she did but then we had kids etc and now we have a dog and she goes home every day to let him out.

If the hospital accross the street was not too tall and directly in the way, I could see my house from my colleague's office. He is on the front of the building and I am along the northwest side.

In any event, you must get the picture. I cannot imagine travelling that far every day. I like to drive and I make a dozen trips to the lake each summer (175 miles each way) from May through October but I don't want to spend my life in the car. If you work a normal day, it must also make for a long day for you. I for one am getting old and find it harder to accomplish things in the evening. Add an hour or more of travel time after work into the equation and about all I will be good for after supper will be another glass of wine and then bed.

Randy