The c-frame tool at HF is on a sale or coupon for $39. It works fine for putting the new one in. For removal, you can make a bushing per Jim Cathey's instruction or you can saw off the taper bolt and use a socket with the right OD for a bushing. I think mine was something like 1 3/8" socket. That set only went up to 1 1/2 and I do remember it was not the biggest socket in the set.

The other way is to put the socket on and whack it with about a 4 lb hammer with the LCA supported close to the ball joint.

I "rented" a c-frame press at Oreilly, but many FLAPS chains have rental tools. O'R is free, but you have to leave a hefty deposit.

Dave -
Likely very pricey and if I owned one I wouldn't let it out of my sight.
When I did my 107 I just borrowed the generic tool kit from my local Auto
Zone. It didn't fit perfectly but I was able to make it work. You might also
check at harbor Freight if you have one nearby.

Barry

 Does anyone have for rent/loan (or preferably for sale) the MB special
 tool that allows the on-car installation and removal of the lower BJs
 on 114/115/107?