Silicone spay works better and no mess or smell.

-Pete-

On 12/3/2010 1:44 PM, Dieselhead wrote:
Spray all the gaskets with WD40 and wipe to ensure good coverage.

That's one thing I found with the 300E, over our previous American cars,
that had much looser door and trunk fittings. Even with a half cm of frozen
ice, the American stuff would open right up.  The Benz is a bear to get
into! I've had to pour hot water on the Benz a few times, just to get into
it.  Groceries go in the back seat on days like that too.

Ed
300E