There are very few metal vacuums out there these days. My parent's Oreck has lasted 10 years and shows no signs of quitting despite it's chassis' all plastic construction. I guess we'll see how long the screw holes last with disassembly and reassembly for cleaning and belt replacements over the years. The Oreck is half the weight of the Sharp, and does a better job, especially on my parent's thick pile carpet. I like the fact that there aren't any filters to replace in the Oreck, and it doesn't exhaust the dust back into the room. Even with it's filter which is NLA, the Sharp would still spew smelly, dusty exhaust while under way.

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon