Max' travails illustrate some irrefutable laws of nature:

1.  Perfectly functioning cars only become un-roadworthy when driven by SWMBOs.

2.  Two perfectly good cars can fail simultaneously when a SWMBO is
involved with at lesat one of them.

3.  A perfectly functional car without a problem in the previous 12
months will stall out on a major artery on a Friday afternoon rush
hour on the hottest day of the year only when - you guessed it -
driven by a SWMBO.

I think this is all quite unfair.

Andrew