-----Original Message----- From: SteveB
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 8:28 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List

I set up a Google Voive phone number for Craigslist. It allows me to block
anyone that I do not want to hear from anymore. I have not had to block
anyone but it's a nice option as well as I get text messages at my regular
phone, where the number is forwarded to, and a voice mailbox I can check on
the computer. Phone listings move faster for me.
Steve

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Alex Chamberlain
<apchamberl...@gmail.com>wrote:

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
wrote:
> David Bruckmann <bruckma...@transcontinental.ca> writes:
>
>> But surely somewhere out there is a CL archive...???
>
> I'm not sure there would be.  CL would probably attempt to thwart it if
> anybody tried.

CL thwarts anything that will make their site useful.  Decent search,
for instance.

I've been in the same situation as David B. more than once.  How do
you know if someone let an ad expire because they sold the
whatever-it-was or because they gave up trying to sell it (and will
therefore probably be very receptive to offers, if only you can get
hold of them)?

If you don't want people calling you after you've already sold
something, don't put your phone number in the ad.  (Anyone who puts
their phone number in a CL ad is nuts anyway in my book.)  If you
don't want to deal with their emails, set up an autoresponder.

Alex