Dieselvolk,

This a.m. I dove into rebuilding the rear suspension on my '87 wagon.
Started by pulling the spring link on the right side, and replaced the inner
bushing using a piece of 3/8 acme threaded rod.  Took about 2.5 hours to do
that.

Incidentally, the sleeve for the inner bushing is not tapered on this car
like it was on my '95 E300.  Replacement bushing is same part number as for
the  '95.  The original bushing in this '87 300TD has a head at one end of
the inner-most sleeve, which I had to cut off in order to get clearance to
push the bushing out.

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon