In a message dated 11/10/2005 1:00:51 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The  throttle (gas pedal) on my son's 1985 300D is surprisingly stiff and
hard  to push with my foot compared to my every day 1983 300TD. As a result,
it  seems r elatively "logy" and slow off the mark. Would lubing the  throttle
linkage take care of this or could there be some deeper  significance

Check for an abnormal spring installed down on the linkage just where it
connects to the injection pump.  I actually removed the stock one, which is
quite soft, and run without that spring.

Regards,

Also check for dirt or carpet build up under the throttle pedal where it
pivots on the floor.

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 261 K miles