Glow plugs are not really expensive, but there are 5 of them.  That's $85 -
$100 from Rusty depending on whether you go with Bosch or Beru (the latter
being preferable).  In my book that's not money you spend without being
reasonably sure it's going to solve the problem.

I'd at least measure resistance on each plug.  I think the desired reading is
about .6 ohms.  Over 1 ohm and it's bad.  Meters vary, especially cheap ones at
that low a range, so if four are the same and one is higher that's also
indicative.

Even one bad plug will make starting significantly harder especially as temps
drop.

See http://www.dieselgiant.com/glowplugrepair.htm