Don't think so - my 'puter displayed the Chinese characters just fine, no
installations required.

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Gerry Archer
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 7:00 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sil-Glyde

Received an MBZ email from "E M" (Ed) that was followed by a series of
characters and numbers.  When I tried to open it, a field popped up saying:
"To display language characters
correctly you need to install the following language pack".  On the next
line it said "Chinese simplified".  The line would not patch into this email

and I didn't install the "language pack."   Malware?
Gerry
From: "E M" <pokieba...@gmail.com>
Hi Larry,
There has been quite a bit of traffic on the Benz list.  If you don't start
to receive posts soon, drop me a note, and I'll forward it to Kaleb and see
if he can help.  I average about 25 or so posts a day from the B list.
Take care Larry,
Ed
300E