The good news is she's OK and was in the right make of car in the event
something worse than a curb was in the path.

-Max

________________________________
From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: Diesel List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wed, December 22, 2010 9:42:23 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Red goes in the ditch!

My wife learned (or re-learned I suppose) the #1 lesson of winter driving
today,
if you can't steer get off the brakes...
Its been snowing all day but we don't have much, maybe 1/2 inch. She was coming
down an off-ramp from the highway in my 190D and touched the brakes. The car
slewed around and as she slid she kept on the brakes and locked 'em up so she
couldn't steer. Up over the curb and into the ditch...

AAA send a wrecker that yanked the car about the time I arrived. No damage done
that I can see. The cop even knew about the 2.2l and said "Thats a keeper".

I drove the car the rest of the way home and had no issues...

-Curt