One would think it would be wiser to set the toe in the same on each side.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mike Piles
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DIY toe in adjustment

I was planning on making one,  the procedure as I envision it would be to
scribe a line down the middle of each of the front tires and measure the
distance between the lines on the front of the tire and on the rear of the
tire, the difference being the toe in.  The only thing tat I am concerned
about is that it would be possible to get the measurements correct between
the tires but yet have the toe set incorrectly by having the distance from
the centerline of the car different on the two sides of the car.  For
example for discussion sake lets say the total toe in is to be 1/4 inch.
Assuming 1/8 inch toe on each side. It would be theoretically possible to
set the toe on one side as 0" and on the other side to 1/4"  If I'm all wet
or if anyone has any experience or ideas please clue me in.

Thanks
Mike Piles
1985 300 SD
2000 VW Jetta TDI