Lee Levitt wrote:
My mechanic, a Mercedes guy (on the board of the local MB club, etc), is
strongly resisting my desire to convert my car to synthetic oil. He's
concerned that all manner of leaks will appear. Generally I trust him on
things like this...but I'd really like to run synthetic.

I know we've already discussed this...any further thoughts?

You can do as you like or as your mechanic likes - who's in charge? Mercedes recommends synthetic for ALL of their engines and they DO know just a bit more about motor cars and engines than your mechanic does!! If your engine starts to leak, then fix the leaks! Synthetic does NOT cause leaks and Mobil synthetics slows or seal MOST leaks (after 5-10kmi).

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi