The Star did a rather devastating review of the  new G-Wagens compared to the
earlier 80's versions. I scanned the  review, but from what I saw, it makes
sense...more fluff, less  substance = identity crisis for the G-Wagen.
Galendewagen means 'cross  country vehicle' not 'suburban conspicuous
consumption vehicle'. Ditch  the heated seats, integrated garage door, 98
position seat adjustment,  57 zone climate control crap and make a REAL cross
country vehicle,  like they used to. MB is totally out of touch on this one.

  Chris

Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Lots of cheap early-'80s G-wagens
on ebay.de.  If >=25 years old, they
no longer need to pass EPA and NHTSA to be imported.  Flights to
Europe are cheap---go over there, find a good one, ship it back---it'd
still be cheaper, all told, than a used one that's already here, let
alone a new one.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo

On 11/12/05, TimothyPilgrim  wrote:
> Good news!
>
> Now all I need is a second income to afford one.
>
> Tim
> 1982 300TD Moby
>
> On 11/12/05, George Gregory  wrote:
> > Mercedes To Continue Producing G-Class

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 209K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"