Changing out the glow plugs on my old '85 300TD did wonders for cold
starting.  Had almost always run M1 and kept on top of valve adjustments.
Before replacement I had to glow twice and crank like Jaime's video; after
replacement the car started within one or two revolutions.  Kicked myself
for not doing it earlier, but the plugs had always tested "fine" with
digital meter I *thought* I could accurately measure down to the range
needed for glow plugs.

Tony Wirtel