On paper the old v6 is still a good engine, in the Dakota its rated for well
over 200hp but in person and combined with that rotten trans, what junk...

-Curt

Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:38:55 -0800
From: Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] CORRECTION Snook car

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Donald Snook <dsn...@mtsqh.com> wrote:
> I just found out that I DO have the 4 speed Mercedes transmission! ?Hooray!
> I did the vin decoder thing and it said 5 speed auto which is the MB
> transmission!

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I thinkg you and Curt are
both right and I'm wrong.  I think the base rental-fleet-special
pre-2011 Charger came with the sloppy Chrysler trans and a wheezy
pre-DB-takeover V6 (left over from the unlamented "cab forward" FWD
large-car lineup).  Hence Curt's bad experience with it.  The V-6 in
the SXT is quite respectable, in the neighborhood of 250 HP, and that
car and all the V-8s come with the Mercedes trans.

Alex