Ed wrote:
> Honestly, how can we view these kind of things as other than scams?

It is the universal indoctrination we have all received and learned
well through the years and try to practice as effectively as possible.
 It is all religion.
Save dollars.  Dollar is god - god needs to be saved, so we save god,
we save dollars, we fall for scams.  We don't see that line of logical
train, but everyone else in the world sees that train of logic and is
taunting us in every imaginable way today.  Think it through.  We are
total dupes - dumber than the rock under your feet.
mao