In a message dated 11/15/2005 6:11:35 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Jim,  this is kind of directed at you, as I know you live in the Phoenix
area.  Anyone else though, is free to respond.

I'm trying to make an action  plan for getting the 240D on the road. I have a
quote from Tri Star (which  is making me ache) on an engine. - $950 for 160k.

So I wanted to find  out a trustworthy indie in the Phoenix area that you
think might be  willing to install the engine.

Make sure it is a 75 or newer engine so that you get the ones with
atmospheric pressure fuel correction ( ADA)  the 74 and earlier did not  have
this and
smoke was often excessive when higher elevations were  traversed.

What Chuck and Bob said, I have never had my 79 in the shop for repairs so
couldn't recommend anyone.   I DID think that Tristar had  mechanics and am
surprised they didn't offer to install the engine as well as  sell it to you.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ