Dieselhead wrote:
> Those are great photos.

I think someone put these up a year ago or so - or perhaps that was
over at the other list or at watchuseek pil/mil forum.  I like the
aerial photo of the island - awesome that those guys did all that work
there setting up landing strips and maintenance operations and did the
war thing from there.  I doubt our current military is as innovative
in using what is at hand as these Iowa farm boys were back then.  We
got more tech and larger troop support, but much of that is probably
very superfluous in a war zone.  Getting by with what we got is
perhaps an art long lost in today's culture, but maybe I say that
today since I am an old guy now...
mao