Voltage regulator, bad. Did not charge the battery. By observing the issues the few days before, this happened over a few days and that morning glowing, heaters etc managed to suck the last amps out
of the battery.

PS funny thing is that last week when I was diagnosing my climate controls issues I had a volt meter test on the voltage to various parts of the cc logic when idling and was thinking, gee the voltage seems low if the system
is suppose to be charging the battery, but warning bells didn't go off.