> > Curt Raymond wrote:
> >
> > So my clutch rod plea just took a new turn. Rusty reports
> > 123 290 07 39 which is the '78 clutch rod is $215

> Mitch Haley wrote:
>
> The one you have is identical but longer?
> With a big ball on the cylinder end?
> What's on the pedal end?

I just did a clutch master cylinder swap...  I'm not remembering
clearly which way mine ended up wrong.  The pedal end of the
rods are identical - or at least interchangeable.

I just checked the removed one.  It has a plain round end - no
ball.  It does not attach to the piston - the rod just rests in
a depression.  It came out of a late '80.

The replacement was from a late '81. Initially I left the rod on
the pedal arm - but the circuit would not bleed 'cause the long
rod prevented the piston from reaching the top if it's travel.
This replacement has a ball that "snaps" into the top of the
piston.

--  Philip