Jim wrote:

> Thieves.

Four years ago when I bought my euro '84 240D with clutch, I also
received 4 additional bundt rims with tires mounted.  Instead of
taking up room in the garage or basement, we kept them outside behind
the evergreen bushes up against the house.  The car was driven home in
December.  So, 4 months later in early Spring one morning, some
pick-up truck came by and stole those 4 wheels.  We have no idea how
they knew our stash, as these are evergreens and these rims with tires
were well hid.  Thieves.
mao