For those of you who may have done this job before, the MB workshop engine
manual indicates in step 1 of job 05-270 to "Remove rocker arms with rocker arm
brackets (05-235)."  Other than what I consider to be the nightmare scenario of
disconnecting the cam, tying down the timing chain to the sprocket, etc., I
don't see an easy way to remove the rocker arms and brackets.  Any clues other
than the nightmare scenario?  Also, do the rocker arm brackets just sit on top
of the block or are there studs on the bottom of the rocker arm brackets which
extend/lock into the head?  TIA.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC