Dieselvolk,

Had time to change the oil in my '95 E300 last night.  This is the second oil
change during my ownership, the first occurred right after I started driving
the
car post-vacuum pump repair.  I used Delvac 1300 for the new oil fill for that
first oil change, and the car used probably about 1/2 quart of oil over 6
thousand miles.

For this fill, I'm using Mobil 1 0w-40, and I'm planning to test the oil at the
5k mark.  I expect that this engine will produce very little soot, and the
limiting factor for next oil change will become the calender.

The '87 wagon is now parked and waiting for me to find time to pull the head.
Anyone have a #17 or later head they want to sell?

 Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon
'87 300TD 334k miles