My '80 240 has electric windows.

The switch for the starboard (passenger side) is falling apart,
so I decided to have Rusty send me an new one even though I'm
cheap and it costs about $50.  This is the switch with the
chrome bezel and no internal light, part number 001-821-5051.

The new one came in, I plugged it in and nothing happened.  A
little investigating uncovered that the new switch has one fewer
terminals!

Rusty sent me another one - from Mercedes rather than his usual
vendor.

Same thing!

The missing terminal is the "power input" terminal.  I've looked
at the electrical drawings for '78 to '80 and it looks like they
all use the same switch with 7 terminal.  So I now have gotten
two new switches, matching part numbers, that only have 6
terminals.  Poor Rusty doesn't know what to do next.

The photo on his website shows the correct switch, the one I
want, with 7 terminals.

Any clues?

--       Philip