could be.

On 3/20/2011 8:07 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
I think before I did anything else I'd clean and check the chassis ground. 3
different electrical issues with one thats crazy like the gauges makes me think
a ground is bad...

-Curt

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:56:51 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin"<ka...@striplin.net>
Subject: [MBZ] I buy a 97 E300 Diesel this weekend

Well I am up to my 3rd 210 car, this time a really nice 97 E300
Diesel. Its got some problems though.  Tranmission will not go out
of leap home mode (2nd and reverse only).  I did some research and
it looks like I might need to replace the conductor plate, which
is the electronic deal on top of the valve body in the
transmission.  Guy said he took it to the dealer who told him that
they could not get it out of safe mode and he needed a new tranny.
   Goes into drive and reverse immediately without any hesitation.
   Next problem has a check engine light on.  He says its got a
code for EGR valve.  3rd problem is cluster guages do not work
most of the time, sometimes they do.  Lights all come on, guages
just dont work.  He said he was going to send it off somewhere to
have it worked on.  Is this a common thing for the 210 cars?  I
think Im going to have to go ahead and get me one of those china
star diagnotic systems, the generic reader wont do anything for
the tranny codes I dont think although I have not tried it yet.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 99 E430, 99 E320, 95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD,