From: Tim C <bb...@crone.us>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 4:14:32 PM
Subject: [MBZ] '87 300SDL, ignorant question...

...but I don't know, and can't find a clear answer.

Is there a fuel tank vent for the 300SDL?  Is the cap supposed to vent?

I have a lot of whoosh when I open the cap, and the car gets rumbly at
idle on occasion [that could definitely be a coincidence].  I always
forget until I have opened the cap, so I'm not sure if it is positive
or negative pressure, nor really how much other than it is notable.

Thanks,
-Tim
working on the 300D for the moment (thanks Rusty! for quick shipping
and a great deal), lovely weather in the SE US