Hmmnhh, perhaps $$$$$$$$$$'s have something to do with it?
It's not just a the location of the launch pad, the delivery vehicle is in Kazakhstan.

Hendrik
who has not been in space

Mountain Man wrote:
RLE wrote:
My guess is, from what I've read in the last few days, it won't happen in
the proposed form.

Boeing - now in ChiTown - built the two SkyTerra 1 huge satellites for
this system.  Largest reflector array ever deployed in space, and
launched from Baikonur, Kazakhstan, former USSR in November.  Odd.
And not the American way if you ask me.  While they may arguably have
great launch site, can't North America come up with equally and more
readily accessible launch pad?  Very odd.  That is a bunch of dollars
gone if this don't happen.  Guess who will pay for this failure? - me,
not you.
mao