OK Don wrote:
> ---- and Mao already tells us that our country is "go to hell
> in a hand basket".

Defeat the argument, if you think that is possible.
Is the argument sound or faulty?
We are all welfare recipients, or welfare recipients in waiting.
We want big honkin' government as much as any illegal, as much as any
recipient we want to complain against - but we all hang around waiting
for our share.
Our share will never happen.
That has already been shown and it is getting worse.
Let's not wring our hands about how to keep our welfare share in order
- let's get busy on solutions against the welfare we *think* we
deserve and abandon what we think we have coming.  It ain't coming, it
ain't gonna happen, lets get busy against the fall that is happening
around us as we ignore it and deny it's happening.
Admit failure, resolve the problem, move on.
Rape the social security network, realize it is toast and gone.  Raid
the medicare fund, abandon the military budget, get the country back
on stable ground, abandon the all sacred vote and move on to another
form of government - democracy is not god, price is not god, move one,
everyone.  It's dead, Jim.
mao