Several of my friends have Dysons and love them! They (Dyson) also has a canister model now, which is what I have always preferred. I like the looks of that rolling ball feature on the upright too, though---- They last well and parts are available. Really think they are worth the money. I have an American Patriot right now and have used it for about 10 years. Bought it as a repo. Don't pay for their new price spiel, but they always have a repo available when you won't buy the "new" one at that atrocious price after the demo. We have changed bearings in both the motor and the power head and it still runs great, but I am tired of buying the bags over and over again. Just a few thoughts about my experiences (44 years a housewife!) Chris