I suspect you need to check the universal joint in the driveshaft.  Requires
taking the shaft out and flexing it -- ANY roughness, vibration, binding,
clicking, or looseness requires replacement (probably of the driveshaft) even
if the defect is at high angle, much more than you would flex it in use.

Make sure the people who balanced the shaft checked it, and make sure that the
clamp nut on the shaft is not too tight -- if you screw it down hard, the shaft
will vibrate.  It should be tight enough to dampen end to end vibration, no
more, as the shaft does change length slightly as the rear suspension moves on
the subframe mounts.

You may want to look a the rear subframe mounts as well, and replace if not
perfect, but since you report a drumming sensation on the shaft tunnel, it's
either the rear tranny mount or the ujoint, or possibly a defective new
bearing.  It shows up at the resonant frequency of the rubber carrier.

Peter

Peter