I know how frustrating this is. I think it is possible for the ujoint to "feel good" but still be worn. so trying a known good shaft will tell if it is the shaft or something else.

When the shaft was out, did someone check the trans output flange and the diff input flange? Any side play in the trans output shaft or the diff output shaft can set up vibrations too. these should be measured with a dial indicator. I am not sure how much is too much, but I'd guess over .003" is about the limit.
The manuals may tell.

I have seen the trans flange loose on the shaft. On a long SDL shaft, that might set up the vibration.

Hi and thanks, the shop in Atlanta that did the balancing, also checked the
driveshaft for universal joints, etc., and told me that all was good, just a
slight balancing required.  The car has only about 140K miles on it. Before
goint the balance route, I checked around for either a used shaft or a new
one.  Rusty informed me that only the back section of the shaft is now
available and also advised me about the shop that would balance my existing
shaft.  I took that route.
Ralph