-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bob Rentfro
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 12:10
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: GM (Oldsmobile) 5.7L and 4.3L diesels 1979-1985

Excellent post...

My dad had a '75 (?) Chevy Silverado (if that what the loaded model was in
those days) with the diesel in it and it was great. It ran like mad and it
was the only one around so it was quite the attention getter. That, and my
bud's dad's '68 200D were my first diesel experiences and #2 was in my
blood.
Knowing how my dad's pickup rocked, my soon to be in-laws bought a '76
Cutlass Diesel and drove that puppy all over God's Green Acre...I think it
had 275K on it when my stupid brother-in-law was driving hammered and plowed
into a dude...who was stopped at a DUI check point. Brilliant!

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 143K
Litchfiel Park, AZ