Thanks, Walt, just what I wanted to know.
Gerry
From: "Walt Zarnoch" <zarnoch...@gmail.com>
As long as the TV has an HDMI or DVI input, the difference between a
monitor and a TV is nothing but cost.

As far as picture quality, you won't notice much, if any, difference.
One of my friends uses a Vizio TV and a Toshiba laptop connected by
HDMI for streaming video, comes out crystal clear.

If you already have the TV, then just get the correct cable to hook it
up, and you're good to go.
HDMI and DVI are electrically compatible and signal compatible, so you
can get a gender-species-bender cable/adapter if needed.

If your laptop only has VGA out, and you haven't bought the TV yet,
some models have a VGA in port.

Walt