I highly doubt that. All they need to do is stop the flow of water
after the decay heat has died down a bit more, pump in some borated
concrete or some other nice neutron poison, and call it entombed.
it'll still be an ugly scar on the face of the earth, but far from an
entire village being nearly irradiated off the face of the planet...

In all, it's news ratings vs factual data.

Walt, who is contemplating calling the NRC and hazmat about the
suspicious amount of radiation at a banana warehouse, just to see the
media circus that will ensue...